You might call them buns, or rolls, or just burger bread. And you might eat them grilled, or cold, or slightly heated in the microwave. One thing is certain about this recipe: they're super easy to make, and even easier to eat. Just try it for yourself!
Ingredients for the hamburger buns:
500g - flour - 4 cups - I often do 4/5 white wheat flour, and 1/5 whole wheat flour for a bit of extra crunch; I also make sure I have some extra in case it needs more flour
20g - fresh yeast - If you use dry / instant yeast, read the package to know how much you need
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon (or slightly more) or sunflower or olive oil
120 ml - milk at room temperature - 1/2 cup
120 ml - water at room temperature - 1/2 cup
How to make super yummie hamburger buns
- Dilute the yeast in the water
- Mix the flour and salt
- Add oil, egg, water, milk, yeast
- Start kneading! If it's too sticky, add some more flour. Knead for about 20 mins.
- Let rise for about 1 hour
- Flatten and knead into a long sausage, divide into (9) balls
- Let rest for another 15 mins
- Flatten again (so they're flat-ish circles); spread some water and sesame seeds on it (push the seeds in)
- Let rise for another 1 hour
- bake for 15 mins at 200 degrees Celsius in a hot air oven - 200C in a normal oven - 425F - until they look nice and brown
- Let them cool off on a drying rack or grill.